Tijen Onaran wins Digital Leader Award for the jury and praises Digital Newcomer Award
- The Digital Leader Award enters into cooperation with the Digital Female Leadership Award of the network Global Digital Women
- The core of the collaboration is the Digital Newcomer Award for projects of innovative founders and digital go-starters, which will be awarded as a bonus at the Digital Leader Award Gala
- Tijen Onaran, founder of Global Digital Women, will join together with other experts to select Germany’s best digitization projects as a jury member
- Executives and project teams from all divisions can apply for one of the seven categories of the award until March 16, 2018
Munich, 20 February 2018 – The Digital Leader Award co-operates this year with the Digital Female Leader Award and, together with its initiator Tijen Onaran, praises a prize for digital newcomers, which will be presented at the Digital Leader Awards Gala. The goal of the collaboration with Onaran’s network Global Digital Women is to strengthen the digital mindset of the economy and to make the topic of digital leadership even more present. For the Digital Leader Award, digital thinkers and creators can apply with their teams until March 16th at https://www.digital-leader-award.de .
“The Digital Leader Award and the Digital Female Leader Award naturally have strong interfaces and address similar goals. Both Awards are a platform for outstanding and inspiring leaders in Germany, who use their technical skills and digital mindset to drive digitization and shape it. That is why we are joining forces to reach more people together and to further anchor the central role of Digital Leadership in society, “said Tijen Onaran.
For this year’s edition, the initiators of the Digital Leader Award – the IT service provider Dimension Data and IDG Business Media – have launched the additional prize “Digital Newcomer”. Further information on the award and the application will be announced after 16 March – the deadline for the Digital Leader Awards categories.
In addition, Tijen Onaran, as a jury member with other digital experts, will select the best entries from the main draw of the Digital Leader Award.
In addition to Onaran, the jury consists of the following members:
- Heinrich Vaske has been Editor-in-Chief of Computerwoche for 15 years.
- Anke Anderie has been the Managing Director of Human Resources at the Manpower Group since October 2017, and is a major player in Leadership & Work 4.0 and Learning Organization.
- Ines Fiedler has been head of the IT Service Center Berlin since May 1, 2016. She brings over 20 years of experience from the different areas of IT.
- Roger Kehl has been Global CIO and Member of the Executive Committee of Festo AG since 2014
& Co. KG. For his strategic work on the topics of digitization, Industry 4.0 and the Internet of Things, he was honored by COMPUTERWOCHE and CIO Magazine with the “CIO of the Year 2016” award in the category of large companies.
- Stefanie Kemp has been a digitization expert in responsible positions in the German economy for many years, among others at Innogy SE, RWE IT GmbH and on the Advisory Board of Digital Economy NRW of the Ministry of Economic Affairs of North Rhine-Westphalia. In 2011, Stefanie Kemp was the winner of the “Global Exchange Award” and “CIO of the Year”.
- Sylvia List is Director Digital Infrastructure at Dimension Data Germany. It has
25 years of experience in the IT sector and, in her current position, responsible for the further development of Dimension Data’s digital infrastructure strategy.
- Harald Schirmer , Manager Digital Transformation & Change at Continental AG, is responsible for Digital Transformation and Change in the Group Human Resources function. For his disruptive approaches and the daily #MutAnfall he is called “trusted irritator” and pragmatic visionary and received the “Leader in the Digital Age” Award from the Lower Saxony Ministry of Economics, Labor and Transport.
- Dr. Christian Schlereth is Professor of Digital Marketing at the WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management. He researches practice-related questions on the pricing of digital services and deals with the microeconomic functioning of digital business models and the challenges of digital transformation.
- Carlo Velten is Managing Director of the independent IT research firm Crisp Research and advises renowned technology companies on marketing and strategy issues as an IT analyst for more than 15 years. His main topics are Cloud Strategy & Economics, Data Center Innovation and Digital Business Transformation.
The Digital Leader Award 2018 will be presented in a total of seven categories that reflect the complexity of the digital transformation: Create Impact, Digitize Society, Envision Strategy, Invent Markets, Rethink Marketing, Shape Experience and Transform Culture. The jury’s decision is based on a comprehensive catalog of criteria that enables the evaluation of projects based on the technology used, economic success, generated customer value and qualities such as leadership, agility and innovation culture.
The festive gala with around 300 decision-makers from the German economy takes place on the evening of June 28, 2018 in the BOLLE festival halls in Berlin.
About the Digital Leader Award
With the Digital Leader Award, IDG Business Media and Dimension Data Deutschland want to offer a broader platform for digital leadership. In seven categories, prizes will be awarded to executives who will accelerate the digital transformation of their business, ensuring their competitiveness in the digital age. The decision is made by an independent jury of renowned experts from business, science and media.
About Dimension Data
Dimension Data empowers companies to seize the opportunities of digitization and transform digital transformation into business. The IT service provider accompanies its customers in all phases of technological change, with a focus on digital infrastructures, hybrid cloud, workspaces for tomorrow, cybersecurity and network as the platform. Dimension Data is the official technology partner of the Amaury Sport Organization, host of the Tour de France, and title partner of the South African cycling team Dimension Data / Qhubeka. With sales of $ 7.5 billion and operations in 57 countries, Dimension Data has been part of the NTT Group since 2010. In addition to Dimension Data, the NTT Group in Germany includes Arkadin, e-shelter, itelligence, NTT Communications, NTT DATA and NTT Security. In Germany, the NTT Group represents about 5,300 employees and a turnover of more than 1.2 billion euros. For more information about the global NTT Group, visit www.ntt-global.com
About IDG Business Media
Since 1974, IDG Business Media GmbH has been the specialist for B2B communication in the German-speaking ITC environment. The flagship of the media portfolio is the COMPUTER WEEK as a platform for IT decision-makers. In addition, the successful media brands CIO, the multiplatform magazine for linking IT and business, and ChannelPartner as a current source for ITC specialist retailers will be on show at IDG.
About Global Digital Women:
Global Digital Women (GDW) is an international network of female digital designers. The goal is to network, visibility and strengthen the inspirational digital minds of our time.