NEW YORK, January 7, 2022 / PRNewswire / – The growth of the global green data center market is driven by increasing demand for data centers around the world. Investments in data centers are increasing dramatically around the world to meet increasing data traffic and computing needs. The significant growth of the market can be attributed to factors such as enterprise refresh cycles, as well as the expansion of colocation data centers and large-scale data centers.
In September 2019, Oracle has announced plans to launch 20 new Oracle Cloud regions by the end of 2020. In addition, in May 2019, Facebook Inc. has announced plans to build its fifth data center in Altoona, Iowa, United States, for an investment of approximately $ 400 million.
Highlights of the Green Data Center Market Report:
- Market growth 2020-2025: $ 76.59 billion
- Growth momentum and CAGR: Accelerate to a CAGR of 19.48%
- YoY growth (%): 15.51%
- Efficient contribution to the market: Europe at 39%
- Main consumer countries: United States, Germany, UK, China, and Japan
Want more data and information that is not included in this report? Contact our analysts and obtain this report which can be customized according to your needs. Talk to an analyst.
Regional market analysis
39% of market growth will come from Europe during the forecast period. Germany and the UK are key markets for green data centers in Europe. Market growth in this region will be faster than market growth in North America and South America regions.
The fall in the price of electricity and the availability of renewable sources will facilitate the growth of the green data center market in Europe over the forecast period.
- In Europe, the main data center markets are the United Kingdom, Germany, the Netherlands, and Paris. Over the past two years, the number of data center constructions in the Netherlands grew up quickly. This is mainly due to the fall in the price of electricity and the availability of renewable sources.
- Almost all data center projects that are built in the Nordic countries, namely Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway, and Iceland, are powered 100% by renewable energy due to the higher renewable production. The Verne Global data center in Iceland is a zero carbon installation. Facebook (Sweden) and Google (Finland) are also energy efficient green data centers. These countries also offer very low electricity prices compared to other countries and use the free-cooling technique throughout the year.
For more information on the regional market: Request a free sample report.
Key Suppliers and Supplier Strategies
Cisco Systems Inc., Dell Technologies Inc., Eaton Corp. Plc, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co., Huawei Investment and Holding Co. Ltd., International Business Machines Corp., Rittal GmbH & Co. KG, Schneider Electric SE, Siemens AG, and Vertiv Holdings Co. are some of the major suppliers on the green data center market.
The green data center market is fragmented and vendors are deploying organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
- Cisco Systems Inc.- In June 2021, Cisco completed the acquisition of Kenna Security to dramatically simplify security and improve overall customer security.
- Dell Technologies Inc.- The company is partnering with consortia, such as The Green Grid and ASHRAE, to address data center energy efficiency issues. Dell Infrastructure Consulting Services help data center operators run efficiently. AIM ARCHITECTURE helps data center operators with reduced server management costs and minimized downtime.
- Eaton Corp. Plc- The company provides power and cooling infrastructure for data centers with reduced power consumption and carbon emissions and improved air quality for green operation of data centers.
Download our free sample report to have a brief understanding of the various other vendors and vendor strategies.
Main market drivers
Our analysts have detailed insights into key market drivers and their impact on the Green Data Center Market.
- Increase in consumption and cost of electricity:
- One of the key factors in the growth of the green data center market is the increase in electricity consumption and cost. Data centers require a lot of electricity to power various equipment, such as servers, storage equipment, and cooling systems. As a result, the power consumption of data centers is very high and could increase several times with the increasing demand for heavy applications, such as autonomous vehicles, streaming and 5G compatible use cases. Despite the energy efficiency gains brought about by improved technology, individual data center operators still struggle to design strategies that can maximize the energy efficiency of their operations and improve sustainability. The cumulative power consumption of data centers has prompted local and central governments to increase the prices of commercial and industrial electricity in a few places. These higher electricity prices in the world’s major data center cities have resulted in the increased development of data centers in cities with access to renewable energy sources. Therefore, the increasing consumption of electricity and its cost have raised awareness of its reduction, thereby harnessing a greener environment.
Know some other market drivers, trends and challenges.
Download our free sample report
Here are some similar topics-
Data Center Automation Software Market by Deployment and Geography – Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025: The data center automation software market share is expected to increase by USD 16.43 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 24.57%. For in-depth research information: Download a free sample exclusive report
Data Center Liquid Immersion Cooling Market by Type and Geography – Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025: The data center liquid immersion cooling market share is expected to increase by USD 222.35 million from 2020 to 2025, and the market growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 14.46%. For in-depth research information: Download a free sample exclusive report
Scope of the green data center market
Cover of the report
Year of reference
Growth dynamics and CAGR
Accelerate to a CAGR of 19.48%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 76.59 billion
Annual growth (%)
Europe, North America, APAC, South America and MEA
Efficient contribution to the market
Europe at 39%
Main consumer countries
United States, China, Germany, United Kingdom and Japan
Leading companies, competitive strategies, reach of consumer engagement
Cisco Systems Inc., Dell Technologies Inc., Eaton Corp. Plc, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co., Huawei Investment and Holding Co. Ltd., International Business Machines Corp., Rittal GmbH & Co. KG, Schneider Electric SE, Siemens AG, and Vertiv Holdings Co.
Parent Market Analysis, Market Growth Drivers and Obstacles, Analysis of Fast Growing and Slow Growing Segments, Impact of COVID-19 and Future Consumer Dynamics, Analysis of Market Conditions for the Forecast Period,
If our report didn’t include the data you’re looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and customize the segments.
Technavio is one of the world’s leading technology research and consulting companies. Their research and analysis focuses on emerging market trends and provides actionable information to help companies identify market opportunities and develop effective strategies to optimize their market positions. With over 500 specialist analysts, Technavio’s report library includes over 17,000 and more reports, spanning 800 technologies, spanning 50 countries. Their customer base consists of companies of all sizes, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies. This growing customer base relies on Technavio’s comprehensive coverage, in-depth research and actionable market intelligence to identify opportunities in existing markets. and potentials and assess their competitive positions in changing market scenarios.
Communication and Marketing Officer
United States: +1 844 364 1100
United Kingdom: +44 203 893 3200
Email: [email protected]
View original content to download multimedia: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/usd-35-27-billion-growth-in-green-data-center-market-by-end-user-it -infrastructure -power-solutions-general-construction-cooling-solutions-and-monitoring-and-management-and-region – global-prevision-to-2025–301455367.html