Dublin, December 09, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – The report “MMORPG Gaming Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021-2026)” has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The global MMORPG games market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.5% during the forecast period 2021-2026. The growing trend of online gaming among millennials has led to the creation of a virtual world for video gamers, where they have a virtual economy, currency, business environment, and real-time scenarios. to manage. The increase in player bases, revenue and investment in the games market across the globe is also helping in the growth of the MMORPG games market.
- The increasing penetration of the Internet is driving the growth of MMORPG games across the world. Internet access in developing economies such as India and Brazil, among other countries, contributes to the growth of Internet users. According to the India Brand Equity Foundation, Internet penetration in India was 50% in February 2020 compared to 4% in 2007. Furthermore, according to data from GlobalWebIndex, this indicates that more than one billion people in the world are now interested in Internet streaming each. month.
- With the help of advanced gaming technology, game developers manage to keep players engaged in role-playing games and encourage them to wager more real money to receive the perks or “boosters” over the games. . This strategy has also enabled MMORPG game publishers and developers to generate more sales by retaining players and attracting others. According to the Enterprise Software Association, nearly 50% of gamers have completed a microtransaction in the past year.
- Among the various gaming platforms, the game console is also expected to experience tremendous growth during the forecast period in the MMORPG market, owing to the increase in game subscriptions among gamers, adoption growing sport and video game advertising. The boom in console video games is growing and could show potential growth in the years to come. In response to this trend, connectivity and entertainment providers could target console gamers by offering console-related video services, such as live sports, broadband, and monetizing audiences more optimally through OTT advertising funded services.
- North America is expected to be the fastest growing market for MMORPG games due to a significant increase in games across the US and Canada population. According to the Enterprise Software Association, 60% of Americans play video games daily and 56% of gamers play multiplayer games at least once a week. Over 30% of consumers pay for game subscription services. The region’s gaming ecosystem is witnessing the growing adoption of direct-to-consumer subscription services by tech companies.
- With an outbreak of COVID-19, the market has seen positive growth with the increasing popularity of online multiplayer games as people have stayed at home for as long as possible, due to lockdowns imposed by various governments as well as for stay safe from being affected. The mobile platform is seeing a significant increase in consumer engagement with mobile games, especially in mobile-focused markets, such as Asia, the Middle East and Latin America. According to Verizon, gaming app usage increased 75% week-over-week in April 2020 and is expected to increase further.
Select market trends
- The mobile platform is expected to grow at a tremendous rate
- Latin America is expected to have a significant market share
The MMORPG games market is fragmented in nature and includes a large number of global and regional players. These players are mainly based in the Asia-Pacific region and focus on expanding their consumer base. These game developers are investing more in research and development activities to offer new solutions to gamers. Companies also enter into strategic partnerships and other organic and inorganic growth strategies to gain competitive advantage.
- July 2020 – Nexon Co. Ltd released V4, a new AAA cross-platform MMORPG, to mobile devices via the App Store and Google Play. It is developed by NAT GAMES Co. Ltd, a consolidated subsidiary of Nexon. V4 is powered by Unreal Engine 4 and offers console quality graphics and AAA gaming experience on mobile. Additionally, Nexon’s official PC client V4 enables cross-play and progression with a mobile account.
- June 2020 – Atari announced a partnership with Native Gaming and Black Dog Venture Partners to integrate the next Atari Token into Native Gaming’s MMORPG.
Key topics covered
1.1 Hypotheses of the study and market definition
1.2 Scope of the study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.4 Impact of COVID-19 on the market
4.5 Market drivers
4.5.1 Growing Penetration of Smartphones and Growing Internet Penetration in Developing Economies
4.5.2 Technological advancement such as IoT, AR and VR
4.5.3 Emergence of gamification
4.6 Market challenges
4.6.1 Hardware and connectivity issue
4.6.2 Fraudulent gambling activities
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Game platform
5.1.3 Game console
5.2.1 North America
5.2.4 Latin America
5.2.5 Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE INTELLIGENCE
6.1 Company profiles
6.1.1 Activision Blizzard Inc.
6.1.2 Electronic Arts Inc.
6.1.3 Ubisoft Entertainment SA
6.1.4 NCSOFT Company
6.1.5 Giant Interactive Group Inc.
6.1.6 Tencent Holdings Limited
6.1.7 Amazon Game Studios
6.1.8 Nexon Co. Ltd.
6.1.9 Jagex Limited
6.1.10 Shining Star Studios
6.1.11 Daybreak Gaming Company
6.1.12 CCP games UK Ltd.
6.1.13 Neteasegames Inc.
6.1.14 Aerial Games
6.1.15 Gravity society
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 FUTURE OF THE MARKET
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/dr4b5q